Investing in Infrastructure (3i)
Terms of Reference
Position no. 33
Position title – Research Assistant
Investing in Infrastructure (3i) is a six year, nationwide, social investment program funded by the Australian Government and implemented by Palladium. The program has supported more than 90 private companies to establish and expand piped clean water infrastructure, electricity network, and small solar farm in areas where they would not have invested by themselves. At least additional one millions Cambodians will get access to reliable electricity and piped clean water through the support from the program. The program has also been supporting infrastructure development in Cambodia through catalytic intervention to address infrastructure market constraints.
Currently, 3i is conducting a study called “Investment Plan in Piped Water in Cambodia”. 3i is looking for 6 Research Assistants to conduct this study. The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Data collection on the coverage areas of piped water supply and water source verification mainly via phone interview with piped water suppliers and commune chiefs and field visits.
- Data input to database and verification
- Basic design of pipe water supply in order to estimate the investment cost.
- Development of the map showing areas with existing piped water supply and potential areas for investment
- Assistance in report preparation
- University degree in engineering, economic, business or equivalent.
- Available to travel extensively to provinces in Cambodia (weekdays only).
- One year working experience (preferable).
- Experience in using google earth and QGIS (preferable).
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Basic fluency in English.
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer, 3i
Direct and indirect reports: nil
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia with extensive travel to rural areas.
- This is a locally engaged staff position.
- Commencement: 13th January 2020
- Duration: 6 month contract
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply for this position
ESSENTIAL: Applications must include:
- Response against each of the essential and desirable selection criteria.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
For further information about this position
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com with the reference ‘33 – Research Assistant’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 16th December 2019, 5.00pm Phnom Penh time. Late applications will not be considered.
Palladium is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.