Terms of Reference
Position #25A: Driver
Investing in Infrastructure (3i) is a five year, nationwide, social investment program funded by the Australian Government and being implemented by Palladium. The program is designed to promote and catalyse business growth in the infrastructure sector of Cambodia. It will expand the delivery of key infrastructure services by partnering with the private sector to expand household and business access to utilities and other services. This will create new enterprise opportunities in rural towns and more remote parts of Cambodia, and will generate health and welfare benefits for Cambodians, including the poor.
Initial partnerships will be with businesses in the drinking water and electricity sectors where the potential is already proven. Once the partnerships are successfully on track to deliver the required results, partnerships in other sectors such as rural transport and waste management and recycling may be explored.
3i will catalyse business investments in ways that incentivise them to expand service coverage as rapidly as possible, and to sustainably operate and maintain the systems to the highest standards. The program will achieve this through three models of partnership with businesses and other actors in chosen sectors:
- Co-funding infrastructure in direct partnership with private operators
- Facilitating co-investment by private equity and or social impact funds
- Catalytic interventions to address infrastructure market constraints.
- Transport program staff, goods, parcels and documents in and around Phnom Penh as requested.
- Transport program staff throughout provincial areas and support staff with field logistics.
- Drive program vehicles in a safe and professional manner obeying all local laws, speed limits and 3i safety requirements; be responsible for the security of the vehicle at all times.
- Assist the Human Resource and Administration Officer with the care and maintenance of vehicles including refuelling, cleaning and general maintenance, and regular servicing.
- Assist with general office administration tasks.
- Alert the Human Resource and Administration Officer if any repairs or maintenance needs to be carried out.
- Fully comply with the 3i Driver Code of Conduct at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of two-years experience as a driver for a donor project, company, embassy or international agency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with driving throughout the provincial and rural areas of Cambodia including road conditions and most appropriate travel routes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with vehicle mechanics.
- High school certificate is essential; mechanical training or qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Must hold a valid Cambodian driver’s license and be willing to obtain and maintain as current a first aid certificate.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and willing to work flexible hours and perform other duties.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills including patience, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Khmer.
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Direct reports: N/A.
- This is a locally engaged staff position.
- Start date: 1st April 2019
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia with frequent travel throughout provinces and rural areas.
- Duration: contract until 31st October 2019.
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply for this position
ESSENTIAL: Applications must include:
- Curriculum vitae/resume, and
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered
Applications may be made as follows:
- By email to email@example.com with the reference ‘Position #25A-Driver’ in the subject line, or
- Hard copy submitted to 3i HR/Admin Officer, Keystone Building (4th Floor), No. 146, Preah Norodom Blvd, Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Closing date: 20th March 2019, 5.00pm Phnom Penh time. Late applications will not be considered.
Palladium is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs.
Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.