Investing in Infrastructure (3i), Cambodia
Terms of Reference
Position no. 12a
Position title – MIS/ICT Specialist
Investing in Infrastructure is a, nationwide, social investment program funded by the Australian Government, implemented by Palladium. The program has leveraged infrastructure investments of over 80 utility companies in the clean water and electricity sectors by using a unique viability gap financing approach.
3i currently has a requirement for a full-time MIS/ICT Specialist who will also support program procurement. The position will be located in the 3i project office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Ensure that the 3i Management Information System (MIS) is well maintained and functions effectively, and that all necessary information is entered, analysed and reported.
- Ensure that 3i project staff are provided with professional and responsive ICT hardware, software and network support services.
- Assist in implementing high quality support services to the 3i team including procurement and asset management.
- Maintain and update the MIS and resolve any technical problems occurring to the system.
- Monitor data in the MIS system to ensure the data is clean from error and up to date.
- Assist with future system refinements and improvements of the MIS.
- Assist staff to use, analyse and report on data and information stored in the MIS.
- Manage the 3i office ICT hardware, software, network infrastructure and systems and access control system.
- Manage the local ICT helpdesk system, including tracking and reporting of issues.
- Monitor and implement local policies and procedures to guide and support ICT and MIS use.
- Provide advice to 3i management and lead as directed any procurement of ICT, phones and office equipment assets.
- Work closely with Palladium corporate ICT staff to ensure all ICT hardware, software and networks comply with corporate standards.
- Manage all backup, restoration and sync back processes in accordance with corporate standards.
- Support the team in any other IT requirements including software and maintenance of computers.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure continuity of service for critical systems.
- Manage and upload information in to 3i website.
- Provide other support as required.
Procurement & Asset Management
- Assist the Finance & Admin Manager (FAM) with purchasing and procurement activities ensuring value for money.
- Assist the FAM and provide service to the 3i project office with all purchasing and asset management, ensuring quality services are delivered in a professional, timely and cost effective way.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the 3i team to ensure the provision of high quality and responsive services.
- Ensure that program procurement is conducted effectively, efficiently and according to company requirements.
- Maintain the asset register according to company requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology or related field.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Windows software and hardware for servers and workstations, and demonstrated computing skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Sharepoint, vMware Esxi virtualization and programming in Microsoft C# .Net.
- Experience in the use of MIS to support management decision making, information flow, knowledge management and reporting.
- Experience in the use of cloud-based systems including the Google suite of products.
- Good analytical and problem diagnosis skills and the ability to break down problems and work through solutions.
- Experience with procurement of ICT equipment and other goods and services.
- Demonstrated high level administrative skills including
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated high-level teamwork abilities and an aptitude for working in teams in a cross-cultural environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of WordPress to manage 3i website.
- Knowledge of photography and photo retouching software (Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom).
- Prior experience with DFAT Australian aid projects.
- Previous experience working in Cambodia and/or South-East Asian region.
Reports to: Operation Manager, 3i
Direct and indirect reports: nil
This position will develop and maintain strong working relationships with other managers and staff in the program management office, staff in the Palladium head office, program advisers and local staff and businesses.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
How to apply for this position
ESSENTIAL: Applications must include:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
For further information about this position
Email: email@example.com with the reference “12a – MIS-ICT Specialist” in the subject line.
Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “12a – MIS-ICT Specialist” in the subject line.
Closing date: 5 April 2019, 5.00pm Phnom Penh time. Late applications will not be considered.
This position is not required to work with or have contact with children.
Palladium is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.