|Title Communications Manager|
|Reporting to:||Chief Operating Officer||ARF Job Level and Professional Discipline Category:||N/A|
|Duration||12 months, with possible extension||Location:||Cambodia|
The Governments of Australia and Cambodia are partnering through Investing in Infrastructure (3i), a program designed to promote and catalyse business growth in the infrastructure sector in Cambodia. The program has enabled connections to clean water and electricity for more than 1 million Cambodians and is working to encourage more investment in infrastructure through supporting resilient infrastructure policy development in Cambodia.
Since 2019 3i has broadened its support to the RGC by engaging on policy-related reforms that support improvements in the broader infrastructure sector in Cambodia, including through policies, regulation, legal and financial frameworks. Working with key government ministries, 3i is currently engaging on a range of activities including with construction standards, public-private partnerships, renewable energy planning, overall water sector planning and management, domestic finance, smart cities, water operator training and a collaboration with the Australian Water Association on technology demonstration and capacity building in the water sector.
3i is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Purpose of the Position
The Communications Manager will lead, manage and implement 3i’s communication and engagement strategy to effectively communicate messaging on 3i’s activities in supporting the development of resilient infrastructure in Cambodia. He or she will lead on all communications related activities and provide strategic communications support to 3i policy and advocacy activities. The Communications Manager will be responsible and accountable for the provision of relevant technical expertise to help conceptualise, design and quality assure the implementation of communications activities.
Under the direction of Chief Operating Officer, the Communications Manager will:
- Building on the established program, design and implement a practical strategy to communicate key messages about 3i’s achievements, share knowledge and enhance the program and DFAT’s visibility amongst stakeholders. The communications strategy will include a range of modalities targeting key stakeholders, including the Australian public, Cambodian Government counterparts and local stakeholders including the private sector.
- Liaise with the DFAT and Palladium communications teams to produce content, ensuring that 3i’s communications strategy and products are aligned with DFAT’s and Palladium’s communication needs, through close coordination with relevant program and DFAT personnel.
- In executing the 3i Communications Strategy, oversee and coordinate the inputs of external third party support functions such as graphic designers, translators, and copy editors, adhering to procurement protocols as required.
- Ensure that information and communications strategies are appropriately differentiated for different stakeholders, including for DFAT, Australian public, RGC counterparts and development partners;
- Support 3i policy engagement and advocacy activities, including supporting the development of bespoke products and presentations.
- Develop a social media plan supported by a calendar of key events with related activities. Working with the M&E team, review 3i research products and identify interesting stories for publication on social media.
- Working closely with the IT team, manage the 3i website upgrade and ongoing updates and maintenance of content.
- If required, organise and coordinate media coverage of 3i events, and coordinate field visits with RGC and Australian Embassy staff;
- Work with the technical teams to plan in-person and online events, taking a lead on the development of communications plans for each event and implementation of related activities including development of communications products.
- Ensure that communications products and events are compliant with Palladium and DFAT standards and policies – and that child protection and GESI principles are streamlined across all 3i communications activities;
- Ensure ongoing adherence to socio-political context and DFAT and Government of Cambodia priorities;
- Support finalisation of English language materials for DFAT audiences;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the 3i Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technical Officer.
The Communications Manager will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A university degree in the fields of Social Science, Development Studies, Communication and Media, Public Relations or related subjects, or equivalent experience.
- Advance years of relevant work experience in the field of communications, media, public relations or public diplomacy.
- Track record of working on or with development programs (preferably donor funded) and understanding of donors’ communications priorities (preferably DFAT).
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of strong stakeholder relations, with ability to work in sensitive situations and challenging policy environments.
- Excellent presentational and writing skills including use of digital technologies, social media tools and multi—media technologies.
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities.
- Knowledge of the Cambodian government and its development priorities is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, fluency in Khmer is desirable.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- This is a locally engaged staff position. All candidates with the right to work in Cambodia will be considered.
- Commencement: immediate start, preferably December 2020.
- Duration: 1 year contract, with potential for extension.
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience, the selected candidate shall receive a monthly salary between USD1,700 – USD2,300 per month (net of payroll tax)
- Other benefits:13th month salary, insurances and other statutory obligations following Cambodian labour law requirements.
How to apply for this position
ESSENTIAL: Applications must include:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae/resume including name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
For further information about this position
Email: email@example.com with the reference “40 – Communication Manager” in the subject line.
Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “40 – Communication Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date: 26 November 2020, 5.00pm Phnom Penh time. Late applications will not be considered.
Palladium is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. This position may come into contact with children due to the nature of the working environment. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.