Our core principles
Investing in Infrastructure is a flexible program, designed to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances. We don’t have a pre-approved list of activities or projects to be completed by the end of the program. Our guiding principles, approved by both the Australian and Cambodian governments are as follows:
- Investing in Infrastructure can only invest in projects that wouldn’t otherwise happen without our support, and we can never contribute more than the minimum needed to make companies invest.
- We will prioritise the projects that will deliver the maximum social and economic benefit and offer the highest value for money.
- We can only support investments that will be sustainable; that will continue to be viable beyond the life of the program.
- We use fair and transparent mechanisms to select the projects that will improve lives and minimise the possibility of any negative impacts.
- We can only support companies that have a good reputation and abide by all local laws.